United for Peace and Justice is calling for and supporting a set of activities on and around the 5th anniversary that will manifest the intensifying opposition to the war and help strengthen our movement. We invite you to work with us to ensure the success of these actions. Click here for more details and info on how to get involved.
U.S. intelligence agencies have announced their belief that Iran has no nuclear weapons program. President Bush has said his aggressive stance toward Iran would not change as a result of the new NIE.
Ways you can take action:
- pressure your members of Congress to use their power to demand hearings on Iran and to co-sponsor H.R.770 and S.759;
- include a call for no attack on Iran in any activities you are organizing to end the war in Iraq;
- download and distribute War Times’ flyer, “Iran: Let’s Start With Some Facts”;
- send letters to the editor and call into radio talk shows to explain why you oppose a military attack or war in Iran;
- invite a speaker on Iran to your school, house of worship, labor union, or to your peace or community group;
- order our “Do Not Attack Iran” postcards and send them to your members of Congress. Bulk discounts are available so you can distribute them in your communities. You can also order our “Hands Off Iran” t-shirt.
- Sign Peace Action’s “No War with Iran!” petition to Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice today!
- Sign After Downing Street Coalition’s petition directed at Bush and Cheney
And if you haven’t already: